TYBEE ISLAND, Ga. - Wildlife crews had to remove an 8-foot alligator from a beach in Georgia Thursday morning.
Beachgoers on Tybee Island spotted the reptile in the water and a group of people snapped photos and video as professionals trapped the gator.
Experts think it made it to the beach through a shipping channel along the Savannah River.
There have been two alligator sightings in the Charlotte area recently, both were found on the side of busy roads, one in Clover and one in Marshville.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Lincolnton child predator investigation nets teachers, preachers
- Uptown robbery, sex assault suspect to face judge Friday
- MUST WATCH: 8-foot alligator swims ashore on Georgia beach
- Firefighters rescue dog from 2-alarm south Charlotte apartment fire
- Officer files burglary complaint against Pageland police chief
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's weekend forecast outlook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.