MONROE, N.C. - Authorities had to close a busy highway in Union County early Friday morning after a serious crash blocked the roadway.
Officers responded to the crash just before 8 a.m. on Highway 200, near Monroe. Investigators told Channel 9 that a black Jeep struck a culvert and flipped.
Paramedics took the driver of the Jeep to the hospital, where they said she is recovering.
Troopers are still trying to determine what caused the crash. They had to close the highway at Griffith Road for nearly an hour but reopened it by 9 a.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- New NC bill would allow people to carry gun without permit, training
- Driver hospitalized after Jeep hits culvert, flips near Monroe
- Mallard Creek HS student found dead in east Charlotte backyard
- 9 INVESTIGATES: Health violations uncovered at Charlotte's best restaurants
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Armed man robs woman at Lincolnton ATM
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Woman hospitalized after Jeep hits culvert, flips near Monroe
WEEK 3 PREVIEW: Newton, Panthers face off against division rival Saints
Athletes, Davidson students back Curry after Trump withdraws White House invite
At 'Day of Healing,' CMPD Chief voices support for homicide task force
The Latest: Death toll reaches 305 in central Mexico quake