MONROE, N.C. - Authorities had to close a busy highway in Union County early Friday morning after a serious crash blocked the roadway.
Officers responded to the crash just before 8 a.m. on Highway 200, near Monroe. Investigators told Channel 9 that a black Jeep struck a culvert and flipped.
Paramedics took the driver of the Jeep to the hospital, where they said she is recovering.
Troopers are still trying to determine what caused the crash. They had to close the highway at Griffith Road for nearly an hour but reopened it by 9 a.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- New NC bill would allow people to carry gun without permit, training
- Driver hospitalized after Jeep hits culvert, flips near Monroe
- Mallard Creek HS student found dead in east Charlotte backyard
- 9 INVESTIGATES: Health violations uncovered at Charlotte's best restaurants
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Armed man robs woman at Lincolnton ATM
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Woman hospitalized after Jeep hits culvert, flips near Monroe
Police obtain warrant for shooting death suspect
Man shot to death in shopping center parking lot, police say
Man killed after losing control of car when speeding around curve, police say
Reports: Comey knew Clinton email info was fake, created by Russia