CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police are searching for a suspect who they said led officers on a pursuit after robbing an east Charlotte business and trying to run over an employee.
Officers told Channel 9 the incident began as an armed robbery shortly before noon Tuesday at a business on Eastway Drive. Police said they were told the suspect tried to run over staff with his car while fleeing.
Officers quickly spotted the car and tried to pull it over, but the driver refused, instead leading law enforcement on a chase through the streets of east Charlotte, according to police.
Officers said they lost sight of the vehicle near Barry Street, and no arrests have been made.
From Chopper 9 Skyzoom, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department vehicles could be seen scouring the area. Officers were also on scene outside the Family Dollar on Eastway Drive, but it was not clear if that was the business that was robbed.
No description of the vehicle has been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Chester woman killed after thrown from vehicle in I-77 crash, troopers say
- Panthers' Kalil charged after his pizzeria allegedly sells beer to minor
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- CMPD: Jogger robbed at knifepoint on Reedy Creek Park trail
- Panthers dominate Dolphins 45-21 on Monday Night Football
- VIDEO: Cam Newton dressed to impress during post-game press conference
© 2017 Cox Media Group.