CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A pizza place in Charlotte is attracting expectant mothers from miles around.
Hawthorne's Pizza, which has several locations in the Charlotte area, is rumored to carry a pizza that will induce labor.
Just last week, five expectant mothers said they went into labor after eating the buffalo wing pizza.
GMA featured Hawthorne's on the show Wednesday after the pizza place went viral.
(Click PLAY to watch the Hawthorne's Pizza segment of Good Morning America)
One new mother from Gastonia said she heard about the pizza on Facebook and went to eat there. Her son was born soon afterward.
An owner of Hawthorne's, Michael Adams, said that with the opening of a new store, they will describe the pizza as 'The Inducer' on their new menus.
GMA senior medical contributor Dr. Jennifer Ashton said she thinks the pizza is merely a coincidence.
"There's a lot of myths about spicy [food], full moons inducing labor," Ashton said. "None of them have really been conclusive."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- VIEWER VIDEO: Mother, son dead after explosion, fire at Myrtle Beach campground
- Knives, fireworks, 'hit list' found in Union County student's backpack
- Wife of ESPN's Chris Berman killed in 2-car accident
- DISTURBING VIDEO: Student shown repeatedly punching classmate at St. Stephens High School
- Weapon found in restroom of Charlotte elementary school
- Expectant mothers flood Charlotte pizza joint
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Expectant mothers flood Charlotte pizza joint for 'The Inducer'
Area schools delayed, closed due to storm damage
EXCLUSIVE: 'Blow Torch Crew' steals hundreds of guns from stores across…
Hangers, small planes damaged during storm in Hickory
Liquid sprayed at SC grocery store confirmed as fecal matter