by: Greg Suskin Updated:
YORK COUNTY, S.C. - FBI agents on Thursday morning raided a home on Island Forks Road on Lake Wylie.
Channel 9 reporter Greg Suskin was the first reporter on the scene and saw gloved evidence technicians bagging evidence at the sprawling lakefront home. Greg also saw agents seize at least one computer from the home and load it into a large truck.
(Click PLAY to watch raw video from the scene)
Neighbors said unmarked vehicles appeared just after 8 a.m. and FBI agents spent more than five hours at the home before leaving.
According to tax records, the home belongs to James and Jennifer Maier. The couple has only lived there a few weeks. Records show the home sold recently for $1.2 million.
"Clean cut, army veteran. I know he was airborne," Kelly said.
We saw gloved evidence technicians bagging evidence at this large lakefront home. Records show it belongs to James W. Maier. FBI is here. pic.twitter.com/iuM9VNyatJ— Greg Suskin (@GSuskinWSOC9) April 20, 2017
Channel 9 has not been able to confirm if the investigation involves Maier or the property’s former owner. The family's lawyer was at the home for most of the day.
The FBI's Columbia office would only confirm there was an investigation but would not say why.
Stay with wsoctv.com for updates as they become available.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mother of slain Charlotte woman begs judge not to accept plea deal
- FBI agents raid $1.2 million Lake Wylie lakefront home
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast
- Man stabbed outside Epicentre in uptown Charlotte, police say
- Carolina Panthers 2017 regular season schedule released
- VIDEO: John Ahrens sings National Anthem at Charlotte Knights game
© 2017 Cox Media Group.