WAKE COUNTY, N.C. - Investigators are working to determine how a Wake County teenager died.
Her body was found in the woods two days after she was involved in a crash nearby.
The crash was reported Friday in Wake County.
Witnesses saw Lauren Jenkins walk away from the crash.
Investigators found her body Sunday morning.
Others in her car suffered only minor injuries, which investigators said gave the family hope that their daughter was still alive.
Investigators don't believe alcohol or speed were factors and can't understand why Jenkins walked away.
“We had intentions of bringing this girl home to her family," family friend Alan Brantley said.
The investigation is continuing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Business owners taking action after 5 stabbed at hookah bar
- WATCH: Linville Gorge wildfire spreads to 600 acres in Burke County
- Card skimmer found on Rock Hill ATM, police say
- Tips pour in after teen taken by teacher triggers nationwide alert
- Missing NC teen found dead in woods
- Man on run after attempted 'execution-style' slaying in Badin
© 2017 Cox Media Group.