by: Elsa Gillis Updated:
CONCORD, N.C. - Jamison Minor, 21, a motorcycle racer, died from injuries related to Saturday's crash at Charlotte Motor Speedway's dirt track.
Racing fans said they were in the stands at the track when they saw the motorcyclist thrown from his bike while racing.
“It was mayhem actually for about two or three minutes,” John Castellano said. “It was pretty dramatic."
Officials confirmed that Minor was involved in an on-track racing incident during Saturday’s "American Flat Track Event.”
Minor was airlifted to the hospital where he later died.
"He went down and he slid right into traffic and the other riders just couldn’t avoid him,” Castellano said. “They’re going over 100 miles per hour."
A fan posted a video to Instagram from the track. As the racers drive round the corner, some of them wreck.
Witnesses said they saw Minor run over by other bikes before medics rushed to him.
"They're putting on a show for us and then that happens,” Bob Hebing said. “It's a shame, you know? I give my best to his family."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Kidnapped Charlotte girl found safe in DC after grandparents killed
- Motorcycle racer seriously injured in wreck at Charlotte dirt track
- WATCH: Monday's 'slight risk' for severe weather as thunderstorms approach
- Homeowner shoots, kills showering intruder, police say
- St. Petersburg, Russia, subway blast kills 10, injures 50
- VIDEO: Gamecocks win NCAA women's basketball championship
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Motorcycle racer dies from injuries related to Saturday's wreck at…
Juvenile injured after being shot in Denver, deputies say
Officials begin spraying for West Nile virus in York County
Police search for evidence, find gun, after teen led them on chase…
Dramatic sentencing hearing expected in Bergdahl case