CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A 12-year-old girl has died after she was hit by two vehicles while riding her go-kart Thursday night in north Charlotte, family said.
Police told Channel 9 that Cierra Mitchell was driving her Go-Kart around 9 p.m. through the intersection of Greene Street and West Sugar Creek.
That's when they said Mitchell failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with the front of car.
The girl was thrown from the Go-Kart and then struck by a second car. Police said she was not wearing a helmet.
Paramedics rushed the 12-year-old to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Speed and alcohol were not factors in the crash, according to police. No one has been charged.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man with dementia missing from Charlotte assisted-living home
- Man killed, woman hospitalized in west Charlotte drive-by shooting
- 12-year-old girl on Go-Kart hit by 2 cars in north Charlotte
- UK leader David Cameron to resign after Brexit humiliation
- 'Top Gun' actress assaulted in North Carolina mountain home, officials say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.