ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Not all the neighbors were happy their street was cordoned off for a yearly Fourth of July block party, so they called police.
This year, parents built a water slide for the children, according to WLOS.
Police officers responded, addressed neighbors’ concerns and stressed safety - then joined in the fun.
Video shows an officer and a child testing out the slide after ensuring it was far enough off the road so vehicles could also pass.
“Well, it was hot,” Asheville police said on social media.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Lawsuit against former NASCAR driver alleges hidden cameras in home
- University City slaying marks Charlotte's 49th homicide of 2017
- Hamlet cancels July Fourth events after threats of gang violence
- WATCH: FIREWORKS FORECAST
- Police answer call, end up joining in Asheville Fourth of July party
- VIDEO: The History of the Fourth of July
© 2017 Cox Media Group.