CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Thousands of nails in the road caused headaches for motorists in northeast Charlotte early Monday morning.
Officers told Channel 9 that there was a crash around 6 a.m. on University City Boulevard, just north of Interstate 485, and that nails had been spilled across the roadway.
Police had to close all but one inbound lane of University City Boulevard while crews worked to clean up the nails.
It was unclear if any vehicles suffered punctured tires because of the nails.
Paramedics told Channel 9 that one person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Officials were able to reopen all lanes at 7 a.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Dying child gets final visit from Santa, passes away in his arms
- Man stabbed to death in south Charlotte, CMPD says
- University City Blvd. reopened after nails spilled across road
- Abducted Georgia girl found safe, suspect arrested
- Police identify pedestrian struck, killed by car on Independence Blvd.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
University City Boulevard reopened after nails spilled across road
WATCH THIS: Black bear spotted in Waxhaw neighborhood
Uber East Coast regional GM donates $10,000 to Medina-Chevez's family
Man killed after meeting shooter in shopping center parking lot, police say
Reports: Comey knew Clinton email info was fake, created by Russia