HILTON HEAD, S.C. - A boating crew caught a 3,000-pound shark off the coast of South Carolina last week, according to the Island Packet newspaper in Hilton Head, S.C.
The massive shark was one of two great whites that the Outcast Sport Fishing Hilton Head Island boat caught Tuesday off the Hilton Head coast.
One of the sharks was tagged, but the other got away before they could tag it.
“It happened so fast. We were talking about what to do with her and all the sudden she ripped out 400 yards of line,” said Captain Chip Michalove. “She was so big I don’t think she even knew she was hooked.”
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Crews reel in massive 3,000-pound great white off SC coast
- SBI investigating after man shot, killed by deputy in Caldwell County
- Couple robbed, shot in Plaza Midwood; 3 arrested after chase, crash
- CMPD says man killed after being struck by 3 vehicles on I-85
- Deputies say driver killed after crashing into trees in York County
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Crews reel in massive 3,000-pound great white off SC coast
SBI identifies man shot, killed by police after tri-county chase, shootout
Food Lion VP to face judge Friday for first time following sex sting arrest
4 inmates charged with murder in NC attempted prison escape
Senate approves budget outline, as GOP takes next step for tax reform