GASTON COUNTY, N.C. - Police in Gaston County said they found a man dead a day after someone reported him missing in Charlotte.
Officials told Channel 9 that they found the body of 39-year-old Terry Vanover just before 8:30 p.m. Sunday near the intersection of Cox Lake Road and Blackberry Lane in Stanley.
Investigators said a friend found Vanover, and believe his motorcycle crashed.
Police have not released a cause of death.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 3 accused of brutal attack on NASCAR veteran Mike Wallace, daughter
- Police conducting homicide investigation after woman killed in apartment fire
- Troopers ID motorcyclist found dead off side of Gaston Co. road
- Rare identical triplets born to Wake Forest family
- FBI releasing partial transcript of Orlando shooter's calls with police
© 2018 Cox Media Group.