STANLY COUNTY, N.C. - Sources tell Channel 9 that the superintendent of Stanly County Schools has resigned.
Sources said Bill Josey handed in a letter with his resignation Tuesday. Josey did not attend Tuesday night’s school board meeting.
Channel 9 has been investigating allegations of misconduct against Josey after learning he was in a relationship with a now former teaching assistant.
The State Board of Education is currently looking into those claims.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- HURRICANE TRACKER: Irma hits Caribbean with catastrophic strength
- Sources: Stanly Co. Schools superintendent resigns amid allegations of misconduct
- Body found near uptown Charlotte ruled a homicide, police say
- WEDNESDAY OUTLOOK: Cold front and the Irma impact
- Tiger shot dead after sightings near I-75, Georgia police say
- TRACKING IRMA: The storm's predicted path
© 2017 Cox Media Group.