FORT MILL, S.C. - South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley helped celebrate the opening of a new corporate headquarters in Fort Mill Monday morning.
She attended the ribbon-cutting for Lash Group at the healthcare company's new facility just off Interstate 77.
The company employs more than 3,500 associates nationwide, and 1,200 of them will be moving to Fort Mill as the company grows.
The company expects to double its workforce in the area over the next decade.
Lash Group was one of several companies to leave Charlotte in the past few years.
Last year, North Carolina raised the amount of money available to recruit and keep companies in the state.
Companies like Volvo and Mercedes-Benz passed on building plants in the state in favor of states with better incentives.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Will Smith shooting: 5 things we know now
- Police: Driver reached speeds of 110 mph before slamming into DOT truck
- Ronnie "The King" Davis dies after crash at Rockingham Dragway
- Speed a factor in crash that killed woman in Union Co., troopers say
- Troopers: I-485 shut down for hours after woman hit, killed
- NC transgender law supporters, opponents to rally at state Capitol
© 2018 Cox Media Group.