UNION COUNTY, N.C. - Troopers said speed played a factor in a crash that killed a woman in Union County late Sunday night.
Investigators said the wreck happened on N.C. Highway 218 near Honeybee Road. around 11 p.m.
Troopers told Channel 9 that the driver came around a curve too fast and ran off the road, flipping the car several times.
The woman was the only person in the vehicle and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her name has not been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Will Smith shooting: 5 things we know now
- Police: Driver reached speeds of 110 mph before slamming into DOT truck
- Ronnie "The King" Davis dies after crash at Rockingham Dragway
- Speed a factor in crash that killed woman in Union Co., troopers say
- Troopers: I-485 shut down for hours after woman hit, killed
- NC transgender law supporters, opponents to rally at state Capitol
© 2018 Cox Media Group.