Before you decide to move or fix something in your house, the Better Business Bureau is warning you of the Five Worst Rated Businesses in the Southern Piedmont and Western North Carolina service area.
Last year, the Better Business Bureau said, it worked to resolve at least 15,000 complaints, and these companies failed to address the concerns of their customers.
The five companies with the lowest ratings from the Better Business Bureau, due to their failure to respond to consumer complaints in 2017, are:
- Your Moving Company. Complaints allege that the company did not deliver household goods within the agreed upon timeframe and in many cases, consumers were still waiting for their items to arrive, months after they were loaded onto the truck. Phone calls and emails to the business went unanswered and unreturned. 79 total consumer complaints to date, 57 of which were closed as unanswered or unresolved in 2017.
- Comprehensive Carpet Cleaning. Complaints allege no-show appointments, unapproved upcharges and inadequate or incomplete cleanings. There are also reports of the business falsely advertising BBB accreditation. 42 total consumer complaints to date, 14 of which were closed as unanswered or unresolved.
- Professional Appliance Service. BBB files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints showing that the business cashed deposit checks but did not return to complete service. This company also has a history of violating BBB name and logo policy and has referenced BBB name in an unauthorized manner, despite BBB's efforts to alert the company. 32 total consumer complaints to date, 12 of which were closed as unanswered or unresolved in 2017.
- Cabinet Door World. Complaints allege that the business delayed shipment of materials and was then unresponsive about a revised timeline. Many consumers also shared that materials were badly damaged upon receipt. 65 total consumer complaints to date, 10 of which were closed as unanswered or unresolved in 2017.
- Design Decks and Porches. BBB files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints showing that the company failed to honor a contract or agreement (or complete services) after receiving payment. 27 total consumer complaints to date, 10 of which were closed as unanswered or unresolved in 2017.
The Better Business Bureau said it resolved 92% of consumer complaints last year, but some businesses do not value customer service.
The organization is suggesting that consumers check out a company through ratings, complaints and reviews before doing business with that company. You can search business profiles at www.bbb.org.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.