WAKE COUNTY, N.C. - The Make-A-Wish Foundation is sending a toddler who used to live in Statesville to Disney World.
In 2015, Ryder Wells was a year old when he was seriously injured during a dog attack.
He suffered a punctured lung, a broken jaw and damage to his face, and has had a respiratory disorder since the attack.
Ryder, who currently lives in Wake County, got the good news at a Chick-fil-A in Garner.
His mother is grateful for the much-needed break.
“I think I said 'really' a lot, and I was just so happy 'cause he's been through so much, and I just hope this is his once-in-a-lifetime trip and, you know, he really has a fun time" she said.
Ryder is scheduled for surgery on his cheek this summer.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Mother charged with murder in infant’s death
- Long lines at Charlotte Douglas after TSA checkpoints briefly closed
- Police identify man found fatally shot outside north Charlotte gas station
- Woman charged after 63-year-old grandmother found shot to death inside car
- 3 dead, 3 injured after car slams into tree in Lancaster County, troopers say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.