PITTSBURGH - Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton donned cleats before Thursday night’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers to honor the victims and the city after the worst anti-Semitic attack in U.S. history.
Newton’s cleats had the words “Stronger Than Hate” on them.
A gunman killed 11 Jews Oct. 27 at the Tree of Life Synagogue.
The Steelers paid tribute to the victims at their Sunday game by wearing custom-made cleats, as well.
Panthers are playing at Heinz Stadium in Pittsburgh.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SouthPark restaurant worker latest case of hepatitis A, officials say
- SUV used in abduction of 13-year-old Lumberton girl found, officials say
- Sisters harassed at Charlotte apartments were turned away before viral video
- Jurors convict dad in under an hour in baby's diaper rash death
- Statesville family on cruise ship that listed at sea: 'It felt like a scene from Titanic'
- Thousand Oaks shooting: 12 killed, including deputy, at California bar; suspect also dead
© 2019 Cox Media Group.