SHERRILLS FORD, NC — Catawba County deputies and North Carolina Wildlife officers found the body of a man missing in the Sherrills Ford area of Lake Norman on Monday night, authorities said.
The man was found around 10 p.m. in the same cove in which he normally docked his boat. The water was less than 10 feet deep.
The man was last seen on his boat at 4:30 a.m. Crews began searching around 5 p.m. Monday when the man’s family told authorities that he had not returned.
The boat was found earlier that day.
Sherrills Ford-Terrell Fire and Rescue and Mooresville Fire Department helped in the search.
Return to this story for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Deputies investigating double shooting that left man dead in Union Co.
- Crews recover missing boater's body from Lake Norman
- Beaver attacks 67-year-old paddleboarder on Beaver Lake
- Pineville police say man killed woman before injuring himself
- 14-year-olds lead troopers on chase, crash van into house
Cox Media Group