CHARLOTTE — Ahead of the primary election on May 17, Channel 9 is asking candidates in several local races why they’re running and what they hope to accomplish if elected.
Candidates with primary opponents for Mecklenburg County Sheriff, Mecklenburg County District Attorney, Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners, Charlotte Mayor and Charlotte City Council were sent six questions and asked to respond in about 100 words.
We’ve gathered the complete, unedited responses of all candidates who chose to participate. Each primary election candidate guide can be found below.
- Mecklenburg County Sheriff and Mecklenburg County District Attorney candidates
- Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners candidates
- Charlotte Mayor candidates
- Charlotte City Council At-Large candidates
- Charlotte City Council district candidates
©2022 Cox Media Group