The Charlotte City Council approved a non-binding Sustainable and Resilient Charlotte by 2050 resolution at Monday's meeting.
The Environment Committee recommended the adoption of the resolution at its meeting on June 4. The resolution outlines several steps the city can take to promote sustainability:
- Strive to become a low carbon city by 2050 and develop a Strategic Energy Action Plan.
- Continue reducing the city's energy consumption.
- Strive to source 100 percent of energy use in city buildings and fleet from zero-carbon sources by 2030.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigates 2 crime scenes after overnight shootout
- Former Lake Norman HS teacher accused of sex with teen faces judge
- Abandoned as a newborn, NC teen graduates from high school
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Providence Day student dies from injuries in Argentina bus crash
Cox Media Group