CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Ahead of Memorial Day and the “unofficial start of the summer moving season,” truck-rental company U-Haul is out with its annual ranking of the top U.S. destinations for people who are relocating. And once again, the Queen City cracks the top 10.
Charlotte with a 16% year-over-year increase in one-way U-Haul arrivals in 2018, according to the company’s migration trends report.
The city lands at No. 10 on the list of top destinations, slipping one spot from last year.
“Everybody is moving to Charlotte,” said Kay Church, U-Haul Co. of Charlotte president, in a news release. “We see a lot more people coming in than moving out. Apartments are being built all over downtown. The city is just growing. We see families coming in. A lot of people are moving from Florida. We’re experiencing good business growth, too. Amazon is huge – they have a new building going up.”
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 15 students on board school bus that overturned in Stanly County
- Affidavit reveals disturbing details of Appalachian Trail machete attack
- NC family searching for daughter who disappeared during hike on Maui
- WATCH: UNCC shooting victim takes first steps after 2 weeks in hospital
- Father charged with murder of boy found under NC billboard in 1998
© 2019 Cox Media Group.