MOORESVILLE, N.C. - A quarter-million Lowe's employees may have lost out on money because of the way the company has been handling retirement accounts.
Workers filed a class action lawsuit against the Mooresville-based company on Friday, claiming Lowe's switched 401K investment funds in 2015 and put one billion dollars into a fund that was untested and underperforming.
The lawsuit claims that Lowe's should have done more research and picked a better investment fund.
It claims the investment has already lost more than $100 million compared to the funds it replaced.
The lawsuit wants Lowe's to find a way to get that money back and make sure workers' 401Ks don't suffer.
Channel 9 has reached out to Lowe's for a comment, but we have yet to hear back.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FBI alert: Predator sending packages to girls at their schools
- Volunteers carry NC WWII veteran who couldn't walk to wife's grave
- Suspect says kidnapping, shooting was over nude texts of wife
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Good Samaritan hopes to meet boy he saved from drowning at SC resort
© 2019 Cox Media Group.