CHARLOTTE — Four people are in custody facing various charges after a man was shot and killed in east Charlotte earlier this month.
The shooting happened early in the morning on Nov. 6. Officers went to an area of Central Ave. near Kilborne Drive and found the victim with a gunshot wound. The victim’s family confirmed to our partners at Telemundo Charlotte that his name was Wilson Gutierrez.
On Tuesday, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department announced the arrests in the case. The following people were arrested and charged for Gutierrez’s death.
- Christian Alejandro Garcia Santa Cruz, charged with murder
- Aderly Jose Veliz Ronquillo, charged with murder
- Yeny Beralz Sorto Hernandez, charged with felony accessory after murder
- Mirian Sola Dubon, charged with felony accessory after murder
According to CMPD, the suspects were arrested in multiple states, including New York and Maryland. CMPD says “in the coming weeks, all four suspects will be extradited back to Charlotte.”
Family members said Gutierrez was a well-known soccer coach and player in the Charlotte area. Originally from El Salvador, his family said he leaves three children behind: Two in Charlotte and one in El Salvador.
Police say the investigation is still ongoing. If you have information on the case, you’re urged to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
(WATCH BELOW: Family: Man killed in east Charlotte shooting was a coach, father of 3)
©2022 Cox Media Group