CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are investigating after they said Dallas Germaine Stowe died after being dropped off at the hospital with a gunshot wound overnight.
Officers told Channel 9 they were called to an apartment complex on Park Fairfax Drive in northwest Charlotte around 2:45 a.m. but that they did not find anyone who needed help.
A short time later, officers were called to Carolinas Medical Center after hospital staff reported that a man who had been shot had been driven to the ER and dropped off.
Stowe was later pronounced dead.
DeMichael Tye Adams was charged with involuntary manslaughter.
The two men knew each other, police said.
A neighbor told Channel 9 he heard the gunshot.
“I heard a gunshot, looked out the window, didn't see anything. It was clear about 15 minutes later,” said Antonio Mack.
Anyone with information is asked to call 704-432-TIPS.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman killed after car crashes into tree in Union Co., troopers say
- Florida scuba diver sucked into nuclear power plant pipe
- Officials identify Good Samaritan struck, killed by van
- Trump scheduled to visit North Carolina twice in a week
- Plane with NASCAR team makes emergency landing in Memphis
Cox Media Group