CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A man has been charged with shooting another man to death in southeast Charlotte Friday night, police said.
Reginald Lawrence, 46, was found shot to death around 10 p.m. on Pebblestone Drive, near the intersection of Village Lake Drive and East Independence Boulevard.
Carlton Benbow, 32, has been charged with murder, assault with a deadly weapon with the intent to kill, possession of a stolen firearm and possession of a stolen firearm by a convicted felon.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said when officers got to the scene, they found Lawrence in the parking lot of an apartment complex.
MEDIC confirmed he died at the scene.
No other details have been released.
This was Charlotte's 102nd homicide in 2019.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this ongoing investigation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Person shot after argument at northwest Charlotte club, police say
- Stores placed on lockdown after fights break out at Carolina Place Mall
- 9-year-old boy accidentally killed by father while hunting in SC, officials say
- Contracted Santa worker says negative criticism was racially driven
- Popular NoDa restaurants now taking reservations, for a price
© 2019 Cox Media Group.