CHESTER COUNTY, S.C. - Chester police said they caught the man who is charged with shooting a man to death Wednesday evening.
Officials said 24-year-old Brentton Timmons was charged with murder in the shooting of 21-year-old Dewayne Wilson Jr.
Authorities were called to the area of Lowry Street and Jeter Street during the early evening hours, where they found Wilson, who had been shot.
He was taken to a hospital but did not survive.
New Info. The shooting on Dawson Drive in Chester is fatal. The sled chopper has also been called in.— Greg Suskin (@GSuskinWSOC9) October 16, 2019
The SLED helicopter and a K-9 unit helped with the search.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Chester Police Department at 803-377-2100.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Hundreds of birds killed, hurt after crashing into NASCAR Hall of Fame building
- What Kia, Hyundai settlement means for car owners
- First traffic pattern of its kind in NC coming to west Charlotte intersection
- Assistant principal confessed she had sex with student, warrant says
- Small city in Charlotte region ranks among tops in nation for economic growth
© 2019 Cox Media Group.