ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — Authorities in Rowan County told Channel 9 that a man was shot while being robbed inside his home early Wednesday morning in Salisbury.
Emergency crews were called to Glock Court around 5:30 a.m. and found a man who had been shot.
A relative of the victim told Channel 9 reporter Brittney Johnson that he received a call around 5 a.m. from the victim's wife saying her husband had been shot.
Deputies said multiple suspects broke into the home, demanding money from the victim before shooting him in the abdomen.
Paramedics flew the victim to Baptist Hospital, but his condition was not available. His name has not been released.
Investigators said 9 that they do not think the crime was random and said the victim was targeted.
The victim's son told Channel 9 that he was in the house asleep when he heard his father get shot, and isn't sure of his condition.
Detectives on scene were gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses.
The Rowan County Sheriff's Office is handling the investigation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CRF Frozen Foods recalls all frozen fruits and vegetables for listeria risk
- Deputies investigating early morning shooting in Salisbury
- Charlotte man operating sex trafficking enterprise gets life sentence
- Woman pleads guilty in fatal Lenoir stabbing
- Researchers say expect more shark bites off NC this summer
Cox Media Group