MECKLENBURG COUNTY, N.C. — Early voting in North Carolina for the 2020 general election runs from Oct. 15. to Oct. 31.
People who are not registered to vote can also register at early voting sites during the early voting period. After registering, people can vote at the same site.
Voters are also not required to show their ID for elections in 2020.
For more information on voting early in North Carolina, click here.
There are 33 early voting sites for residents in Mecklenburg County. Below is a list of all the sites:
- Cornelius Town Hall
- Hough High School
- North County Library
- North Mecklenburg High School
- Butler High School
- Matthews Elementary School
- Spectrum Center
- Bank of America Stadium
- Garinger High School
- Bojangles Entertainment Complex
- Bette Rae Thomas Rec Center
- West Boulevard Library
- Renaissance West STEAM Academy
- Myers Park High School
- Queens Sports Complex at Marion Diehl Park
- South Mecklenburg High School
- Former Wells Fargo Southpark Area
- East Mecklenburg High School
- Mountain Island Lake Library
- Hickory Grove Elementary School
- Allegra Westbrooks/Beatties Ford Library
- West Charlotte High School
- Hornet’s Nest Park
- Carmel Commons Shopping Center
- Independence High School
- UNCC Belk Gymnasium
- Old Pier One -- University Area
- Mallard Creek High School
- Providence High School
- Southwest Middle School
- Olympic High School
- Community House Middle School
- Ardrey Kell High School
In 2020, every voting site in North Carolina offers curbside voting for voters who, because of a physical disability, illiteracy or blindness, are unable to enter the voting booth or mark a ballot without help, and may receive help from other assistants. If you need help with your ballot, you can ask a near relative or legal guardian to come with you to the polls and fill the ballot in with your choices.
To protect voters and election workers, masks and hand sanitizer will be available to all voters. Social distancing will also be enforced at voting sites.
Cox Media Group