>> WATCH BELOW: Forecast updates from Severe Weather Center 9
>> To stay on top of changing weather conditions be sure to download our free WSOC-TV Weather app.
- On and off rain showers will continue throughout the evening with some brief heavier pockets of rain possible.
- We will have a break from the rain to start off Wednesday.
- All eyes will be on a strong cold front approaching for Wednesday afternoon.
- This will roll in through the evening producing a line of strong-to-severe storms.
- Heavy rainfall, frequent lightning and gusty winds will be the primary threats.
- Once the storms kick out of the Carolinas tomorrow night, much cooler and drier air will filter in for the rest of the week.
(Watch the video below: Heavy showers in forecast spark flooding concerns in the NC mountains)
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Ashley Kramlich
(WATCH BELOW: How to use the WSOC-TV weather app for forecasts in the Carolinas)
©2021 Cox Media Group