>> WATCH BELOW: Forecast updates from Severe Weather Center 9
>> To stay on top of changing weather conditions be sure to download our free WSOC-TV Weather app
- Monday will be the coolest day of the week.
- High temperatures will climb into the 60s starting Tuesday.
- In fact, by Friday, temperatures will break into the 70s again.
- Rain chances remain limited through the weekend.
- The rain deficit and drought continue to deepen.
- Because of the winds and dry conditions, there will be another increased threat for wildfires, like the Pilot Mountain Fire which is still burning.
- The state of North Carolina has issued a statewide burn ban.
- Dry conditions will continue and lead to an increased risk of dangerous fire growth Tuesday.
- Relative humidity values will fall between 25% and 35% across much of the area.
- Winds are also expected to increase from the southwest, with gusts of 15 to 20 mph possible during the afternoon.
- The dry air, combined with low fuel moisture and gusty winds will allow fires to develop easily and spread more quickly than usual.
(WATCH BELOW: ‘Will it snow?’: Examining current snow trends with Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson)
(WATCH BELOW: Will it snow this year? WSOC’s long-range weather forecast)
(WATCH BELOW: Leaf season not as vibrant but why?)
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Ashley Kramlich
(WATCH BELOW: How to use the WSOC-TV weather app for forecasts in the Carolinas)
©2021 Cox Media Group