CHARLOTTE, NC - Harris Teeter remains the top grocery store in Charlotte even as more chains open stores in the city.
According to a new study from Chain Store Guide, Harris Teeter gets 19.8 percent of grocery sales in our area.
Walmart and Food Lion aren’t too far behind - each with 18 percent of the sales.
The biggest increase came in the "other" category. It jumped from 1.7 percent to 3.6 percent. That includes Lidl which opened its first stores in our area last fall.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Mother on her way to work shot, killed during morning robbery
- Tony Stewart reaches settlement in wrongful death suit
- 5 hurt, 4 critically, after 2 cars collide in Matthews, police say
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Schlitterbahn designer charged with murder of boy killed on water slide
© 2019 Cox Media Group.