CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man hurt in a shooting in west Charlotte, who was accused of fatally shooting an 18-year-old, has died from his injuries, police said.
According to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, shortly before 3 p.m. on Sept. 8, officers responded to an assault with a deadly weapon call at the Walmart on Wilkinson Boulevard.
CMPD said when they got there, officers found 18-year-old Johnny Edward Scott who had been shot. He was taken to Atrium Main where he died.
According to police, investigators believe the man was most likely shot on West Boulevard. Another man, 22-year-old Darvon Fletcher, was also shot on West Boulevard and was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, police said.
After investigating, officers determine Fletcher was a suspect in the case. He was facing charges for murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon once he was released from the hospital.
Authorities said Fletcher died in the hospital before being released.
Police are not searching for any additional suspects.
Channel 9 crews at the Walmart could see crime scene tape up around the parking lot and several patrol cars in front of the store.
No additional information has been released.
Return to this story for updates.
(WATCH: Child killed when more than 80 bullets fired at northwest Charlotte home, CMPD)
©2021 Cox Media Group