HICKORY, N.C. - Police seized dozens of dogs from a building in Hickory that they said were severely malnourished and suffering from multiple bite marks.
Officers went to 7th Avenue Place SW for a call about a suspicious vehicle. When they got there, they found several dogs inside the building and some were dead.
The dog owner, Daniel Pride, is being charged with 33 counts of felony animal cruelty, possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of marijuana.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man struck, killed while riding bike in Catawba County, troopers say
- Chip Gaines announces baby No. 5 on the way
- Coroner identifies woman killed in crash with tractor-trailer in Rock Hill
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Wednesday forecast outlook
- Deputy killed in Colorado ambush lived in Union County
© 2018 Cox Media Group.