CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Shannon O'Hara, a 17-year-old nanny from Mooresville, is beaming.
She’s a contender, and a threat to win, on "American Idol" on Channel 9.
O’Hara told Channel 9 her singing is a gift, and she’s never had a voice lesson.
“God, that's the only person it could come from was God,” O’Hara said. “I was in music classes in school. I sang in all the talent shows, piano lessons at age 10 or 11.”
Now, she's holding her own in Hollywood.
O’Hara said every competitor is supportive and bonded by their big dream.
All different kinds of people, and we all happen to come together there,” she said. “You become really close friends. It kind of feels like camp.”
Fans can watch O’Hara perform this weekend, singing an Adele song. Then, on Monday, she will perform a duet with a country music star.
“It was one of the most, I don't want to give away anything, but it’s really cool,” O’Hara said. “Let's just say, it's going to be really incredible.”
O’Hara said the journey to Hollywood has been incredible, and one she hinted might not end anytime soon.
“I'm not sure if I'll be going into nannying again after the show,” O’Hara said. “Maybe it will be music full-time.”
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Angry, drunk customer drives SUV through Mooresville restaurant, employee says
- Several injured in Myrtle Beach 3-alarm apartment fire
- Man charged with killing pregnant North Carolina 18-year-old
- N.C. Central basketball players' scholarships not renewed, accuse coach of abuse
- Gaston County woman pelted by paintball while driving
© 2019 Cox Media Group.