North Carolina and South Carolina are ranked as some of the most expensive Senate races in the United States, CNN reported.
Out of the 10 most expensive Senate races to happen in U.S. history, seven are happening in the 2020 election, according to Advertising Analytics, a firm that tracks TV ad spending in political contests.
Below is a list of the top 10, according to John Link at Advertising Analytics:
1. North Carolina Senate 2020: $242 million
2. Iowa Senate 2020: $195 million
3. Florida Senate 2018: $176 million
4. Arizona Senate 2020: $165 million
5. Montana Senate 2020: $143 million
6. South Carolina Senate 2020: $140 million
7. Maine Senate 2020: $140 million
8. Pennsylvania Senate 2016: $138 million
9. Georgia Senate 2020: $128 million
10. New Hampshire Senate 2016: $127 million
When you break down the numbers for each race, people can see how the increase in Democrat money has boosted the party’s candidates. According to Advertising Analytics, below is a breakdown of the advertising spending disparity between to the two candidate in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- North Carolina: Cal Cunningham (D) $28 million vs. Sen. Thom Tillis (R) $12 million
- South Carolina: Jaime Harrison (D) $73 million vs. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R) $34 million
© 2020 Cox Media Group