CHARLOTTE — Dates and times for the Carolina Panthers’ preseason contests have been set, and they’ll make their lone preseason appearance at Bank of America Stadium on Aug. 26 at 7 p.m. against the Bills, in the third preseason game.
The Panthers will open the preseason at Washington on Saturday, Aug. 13 p.m., in a 1 p.m. start, the team announced in a news release.
They’ll then play the Patriots on Aug. 19 at 7 p.m. Prior to that game, they will have a couple of days of joint practices with New England, getting some off-site work.
The Panthers will open the 2022 regular season at home on Sept. 11 against the Cleveland Browns at the Bank of America Stadium, the team said in a news release.
The Panthers are 4-2 against the Browns all-time, and 2-0 in games played here. They last played the Browns here in 2014, a 17-13 win. The Browns won the last meeting between the teams, a 2018 game in front of the Dawg Pound in Cleveland.
This marks the fifth-straight year that Carolina has opened the season at home. They’ve gone 7-3 in the last 10 home openers.
- Preseason 1: 1 p.m., Aug. 13 at Washington
- Preseason 2: 7 p.m., Aug. 19 at Patriots
- Preseason 3: 7 p.m., Aug. 26 vs. Bills
- Week 1: Sunday, September 11 vs. Browns
- Week 2: Sunday, September 18 at Giants
- Week 3: Sunday, September 25 vs. Saints
- Week 4: Sunday, October 2 vs. Cardinals
- Week 5: Sunday, October 9 vs. 49ers
- Week 6: Sunday, October 16 at Rams
- Week 7: Sunday, October 23 vs. Buccaneers
- Week 8: Sunday, October 30 at Falcons
- Week 9: Sunday, November 6 at Bengals
- Week 10: Thursday, November 10 vs. Falcons
- Week 11: Sunday, November 20 at Ravens
- Week 12: Sunday, November 27 vs. Broncos
- Week 13: BYE
- Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 11 at Seahawks
- Week 15: Sunday, December 18 vs. Steelers
- Week 16: Saturday, December 24 vs. Lions
- Week 17: Sunday, January 1 at Buccaneers
- Week 18: Pool Date TBD at Saints
After traveling to New Jersey to face the Giants in Week 2, the Panthers will then come home for three straight home games against the Saints, Cardinals, and 49ers. The Cardinals and 49ers games will be played in the late-afternoon time slot, two of the four the Panthers will play this year (along with their Week 6 trip to the Rams, and their Week 14 trip to the Seahawks).
This year, the Panthers will have one prime-time game, a Thursday, Nov. 10 matchup against the Falcons. That Week 10 matchup will be broadcast on Amazon’s Prime Video.
The Panthers could face some inclement weather late in the season, with November trips to Cincinnati (Week 9) and Baltimore (Week 11).
They get to stay home for Christmas, as they will play their Week 16 game on Saturday, Dec. 24, against the Lions here.
Like last year, they play their final two games on the road against NFC South foes, with trips to Tampa Bay in Week 17 (on Jan. 1, 2023) and New Orleans in Week 18 (all schedules are TBD for Jan. 7 or 8).
Again, the Panthers have a late bye, with a Week 13 off week for the third straight season.
In the preseason, the Panthers will face Washington and New England on the road, before playing the Bills here in the third game. All preseason dates and times are to be determined.
Single-game tickets went on sale to the general public at 9 p.m. Thursday night.
The Panthers contributed to this article.
(Watch the video below: Panthers team up with USA Football for ‘Charlotte Blitz’ for families)
©2022 Cox Media Group