ALEXANDER COUNTY, N.C. - Two people are dead and another is seriously injured after a murder-suicide on Houck Mountain Road in the Ellendale Community of Alexander County.
Police said that Jeremy Fletcher, 35, shot both his estranged wife Ami Fletcher, 33, and his father-in-law Charles Brown on Saturday.
Ami Fletcher was pronounced dead inside her vehicle from a gunshot wound to the back of the head, and Brown was seriously injured with a gunshot wound to the neck, police said.
By the time police arrived to serve an arrest warrant on Jeremy Fletcher, police said they found him dead Sunday morning of an apparent suicide by hanging inside a barn on his property in Caldwell County.
Police said Fletcher was already charged with shooting his estranged wife in the leg earlier this year.
Jeremy Fletcher's father, Timothy Fletcher, 58, was arrested Sunday morning and charged with felony accessory after the fact of murder, felony after the fact of assault with a deadly weapon with the intent to kill or inflict serious injury.
Police believe he helped his son get away after the shooting.
Timothy Fletcher was jailed at the Alexander County Detention Center with bond set at $350,000. He is scheduled to appear in court Monday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Neighbors: Innocent bystander killed in Charlotte's 48th homicide
- Historians find Thomas Jefferson's enslaved mistress' Monticello room
- WATCH: Teen girl suffers cuts on leg after Hilton Head shark bite
- York County girl still missing after vanishing 40 years ago
- Suspect in custody after setting Hidden Valley home on fire, officials say
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
© 2019 Cox Media Group.