CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Two Charlotte-area chefs are in the running for a James Beard Award.
The foundation gave a nod to Greg Collier, with Uptown Yolk and soon-to-open Leah & Louise, and Joe Kindred, co-owner and chef at Kindred in Davidson.
They’re among 20 semifinalists — half of which are located in the Carolinas — vying for the Best Chef in the Southeast award.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mom of missing baby last seen in December arrested for filing false police report
- Superintendent says investigation launched over controversial survey given to CMS students
- Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof staged death row hunger strike
- ‘We lost a brother’: South Carolina deputy fatally shot serving eviction notice
- 'A slap in the face’: Families livid after CMS scales back 3 high school projects from 2017 bond