DETROIT, MICHIGAN - A woman in Detroit said her Samsung phone exploded while she was driving, and it totaled her car.
Her Nissan Maxima's front-end is completely charred.
The woman, who didn’t want to be identified, said she saw sparks fly out of the corner of her eye May 21.
She had two phones in her cupholder.
“Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S8,” the woman said. “I thought I was going to die when I saw the sparks and the fire."
The woman was not injured and has not taken legal action as of yet.
"It happened quick,” she said. “It just went up in flames. People were telling me to get away from the car. What if I was on the highway stuck in traffic and couldn't get out?"
In 2016, there was a worldwide recall for Samsung Galaxy Note Sevens after several reports of fires.
The company blamed the battery for overheating.
The situation was so bad that special bags were made for recalled phones to be shipped on airplanes.
The two phones in the Michigan car fire were not part of the recall.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.