Have you ever been stuck on the side of the road with a car overheating? It can be a seriously stressful situation, and a lot of drivers automatically assume it’s going to cost big bucks to get things back up and running again. Our Charlotte Toyota Service Center is here to prove them wrong – a car overheating can be stressful, yes, but there are easy ways to prevent it AND it’s not always going to cost you an arm and a leg!
What causes car overheating?
- Leaks in your coolant system, including hoses, or blocked coolant passages
- A bad thermostat
- A radiator that no longer functions in full capacity
- A bad water pump
- The wrong type of coolant or the wrong concentration
Luckily, our Charlotte auto service techs can spot most of these issues before they cause car overheating, so as long as you stick to a routine service schedule you should be OK. This means getting routine coolant system checks, as well as having our Charlotte Toyota Service Center do a multi-point inspection under the hood to check things out on a regular basis. This should help prevent car overheating from happening – it’s all about being proactive!
Our Charlotte Toyota service has tips on how to deal with an overheated car
What should you do when you face a car overheating? The final answer is to bring it to our Charlotte Toyota auto service center, but there are steps to take to get it there. Here’s the rundown of how to react when you’re dealing with your car overheating!
- Make sure you pull over safely, and as quickly as you can. The longer you let car overheating go, the more damage can be done! Look for a gas station or parking lot so you can safely come to a spot and not have to deal with traffic on the road.
- Your first instinct will be to pull the hood open, but do yourself a favor and wait… especially if you see steam coming out from under the hood. Things are going to be hot under there, so you should let them cool down a bit before you pop the hood. This also applies to your radiator cap – you can be severely burned if you open it too soon!
- The next step to take when facing a car overheating is to check your coolant levels. How does the tank look? If it's low, add coolant and get your car into Toyota of N Charlotte ASAP. Our auto service techs can check for a leak in the system to see why the levels are so low!
Note – don’t try to drive a car that’s overheating unless you’re positive it’s the coolant levels. You can easily do major damage to your ride or even cause it to catch on fire! Have our Charlotte auto service center get you a tow and bring your car in!
Have questions, call us today at (888) 378-1214 to get the scoop and schedule a Charlotte Toyota service appointment!
[ Return Home ]