CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A stretch of the public trail that winds through the heart of Charlotte is about to get a little brighter, thanks to a series of interactive light installations.
For the second year, Charlotte Center City Partners will host the “I Heart Rail Trail” initiative.
The display will run Feb. 19 to March 7, and the installation footprint will span from Carson Blvd. to Atherton Mill.
- Light Beans by Luvly Moon - 1100 South Plaza (at the apartment splash pad).
- Threads by Kit Kube - Charlotte Urban Design Center Plaza, 1507 Camden Rd.
- Covid Confessionals by Rachel Dickey - Dimensional Fund Advisors Plaza, 1616 South Tryon St.
- Lover’s Lighthouse by Sharon Dowell and Chris Holston - 1616 “Coop,” 1616 Camden Rd., above Leroy Fox.
- Seating ReArrangements by Ellie Richards - Dilworth Artisan Station Plaza, 118 E. Kingston Ave.
- Fairy Ring by Meredith Connelly - Atherton Plaza, 2102 South Blvd.
As part of the experience, there will be music, performers, and more surprises along the way.
All attendees are encouraged to interact with the art, but also remember to wait 6 feet apart and wear a face mask or covering.
For more information, click here.
© 2020 Cox Media Group