CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Every year, millions of children across the country head off to summer camp.
But, finding a camp that works for everyone can be a challenge. For people with special needs, it can be even more difficult to find a place where they can flourish.
"A lot of our campers in the special needs don't have a summer camp to go to because of the wide range of special needs," Camp Soar Leadership Coordinator Grace Flanagan said. "Having a place where they feel accepted and wanted and cherished and celebrated."
Watch the video above as Channel 9 learns about a camp right here in Charlotte, where children with special needs can "soar."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SUV belonging to missing Marshville woman found in Anson County
- Pregnant NC woman killed 2 weeks after testifying in murder trial
- Stanly County woman's car set on fire, 'KKK' spray-painted on home
- Deputies: Disgruntled customer fired shots at auto repair shop owner
- SC woman accused of public intoxication while operating toy truck
© 2019 Cox Media Group.