CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A high school dropout. A rebellious teenager. Struggles with homelessness.
Channel 9 spoke with several women who overcame obstacles many of us will never have to face.
Now, while working full time and raising their children, they’re about to be college graduates.
>> In the video at the top of this page, anchor Brittney Johnson spoke to the local mothers about the sacrifices they made to walk across the stage and the support network that made it happen.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Father of 7 dies days after Lake Hickory lawnmower accident, family says
- Couple says driver left them trapped for hours inside crashed Jeep
- 8-year-old SC boy shot, killed in home invasion at father's house
- FORECAST: Rain chances low as heat, humidity soar heading into weekend
- ‘I'll be OK': Man paralyzed in shooting adjusts to new reality
© 2019 Cox Media Group.