>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest severe weather updates.
>> To stay on top of changing weather conditions be sure to download our free WSOC-TV Weather app
- The cooler weather is gone, and the heat will start to build back in across the region on Thursday
- There are a few light showers scattered around the Charlotte area early this morning, but they are drying up quickly
- Another downpour or two is possible by Thursday afternoon, but the heat wave is the main story
- Highs will return to the mid-80s by the afternoon before even hotter conditions arrive on Friday with temps maxing out in the mid-90s
- That kind of heat will last through the Memorial Day weekend, with near record highs each day
- Other than a few mountain downpours this weekend, be prepared to bake in the summer-like heat
>> Channel 9's team of meteorologists will always have constant updates to keep you informed, on TV from Severe Weather Center 9 as well as your mobile device.
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer
- Meteorologist Tony Sadiku
>> Download our WSOC-TV app and keep up with changing weather conditions wherever you go.
>> Remember, you can watch our radar anytime at home on Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.