>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest severe weather updates.
>> To stay on top of changing weather conditions be sure to download our free WSOC-TV Weather app
- A cold front changes seasons on us overnight into Tuesday
- Rain gets to the mountains around midnight with a gradual changeover to snow by 3 a.m.
- Rain will arrive at about 3 a.m. in Charlotte
- Roads will be wet for Tuesday morning’ commute
- Rain moves out of the area in the afternoon
- Temperatures will be around 50 degrees then dips into 40s as the wind picks up
- By Wednesday morning, we are back to the low 20s, which will challenge the record of 21 degrees
- Wind chills will be below 0 degrees for the mountains
- We warm up from Thursday as coastal storm takes shape
- There may be a few showers in the area but most of the precipitation will stay east of us
>> Channel 9's team of meteorologists will always have constant updates to keep you informed, on TV from Severe Weather Center 9 as well as your mobile device.
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer
- Meteorologist Tony Sadiku
>> Download our WSOC-TV app and keep up with changing weather conditions wherever you go.
>> Remember, you can watch our radar anytime at home on Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.