>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest severe weather updates.
- Light rain showers rolled in early Wednesday morning and will stay with us off and on throughout the day
- Temperatures north of Charlotte were near or below freezing before dawn, so some minor icing is possible
- Local school districts announced delays because of the threat of freezing rain, and some schools decided to cancel classes Wednesday morning. [FULL LIST: School delays]
- A winter weather advisory is in effect for the mountains until noon Wednesday
- A steadier rain pushes in overnight Wednesday and is mostly done by the end of the morning drive Thursday
- We warm into the high 50s Thursday and drop to the 40s by Saturday
- The weekend is expected to remain dry
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer
- Meteorologist Tony Sadiku
>> Download our WSOC-TV app and keep up with winter weather conditions wherever you go.
>> Remember, you can watch our radar anytime at home on Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
Winter Weather Resources:
- How and when to protect your pipes from freezing
- Winter weather watch, warning and advisory: What's the difference?
- 7 tips to keep your pets safe during winter weather
- More ideas to keep kids entertained during a storm
- Bread and milk: Why do we buy those foods before a storm?
- Snow day? 5 kid-friendly craft ideas to ward off cabin fever
- Here are 16 tips for keeping you, your pets and home safe in the cold
- Tips, warning signs for frostbite, hypothermia
- When temperatures drop, don't be thrifty with your heat
- Life hacks: How to remove snow when you don’t have shovels
- 7 winter driving tips
- 5 things you won’t want to leave in a freezing car
- Stay safe while driving on black ice
- What is the coldest temperature ever recorded in each state?
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.