CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Families had to be rescued from the third floor after a 2-alarm fire ripped through a north Charlotte apartment complex Tuesday night.
But, when firefighters arrived on scene at the Legacy Park Drive apartments, they had to convince a frightened mother to hand over her child.
"We had a mom holding a very young child who didn't want to separate from her child at all," firefighter JoJo Hall said. "She feels like the safest place for the child is in her arms."
Watch the video above as Channel 9's Tina Terry speaks with the local firefighters about the heroic rescue.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CDC warns about dangerous 'Kissing Bug' spreading north into Carolinas
- Man accused of taking teen from Charlotte to Miami, forcing her into prostitution
- Full body cam video released in deadly police shooting outside Charlotte Burger King
- FORECAST: One more day of sunshine before showers return Friday
- NC boy killed after brick mantle fell on him while reaching for toy, family says
© 2019 Cox Media Group.