HARMONY, NC — The Iredell County Sheriff's Office has charged two people after a 3-year-old child was found with lower-body burns.
It happened in the 26-hundred block of Harmony Highway in Harmony Thursday.
The child was taken to Brenner’s Children’s Hospital in Winston-Salem for treatment of the burns.
Deputies announced Monday that 25-year-old Taylor Ryan Parks and 27-year-old Crystal Kay Duncan are both charged with felony child abuse.
Bond for each was set at 2,500.
The sheriff's office said the investigation continues and there may be more charges.
- Woman, 3 men arrested in connection with Charlotte motel robbery
- Meet the 13-year-old who took a selfie with Justin Timberlake at the Super Bowl LII halftime show
- Foles outduels Brady to give Eagles their first Super Bowl
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Attorneys say evidence tampering in James Jordan murder
Cox Media Group