CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police have identified the four people killed in a crash late Friday night in west Charlotte.
The 2-vehicle crash happened just after 9:30 p.m. on Wilkinson Boulevard, near Alleghany Street.
After officers got to the scene of the crash, they said they found four unresponsive victims and two others with minor injuries.
MEDIC pronounced four people dead on scene and took the two victims with minor injuries to the hospital. They are expected to be OK.
Police said the crash involved a motorcycle and a sedan.
Initial reports show 22-year-old David Wooten was riding his motorcycle on Wilkinson Boulevard when he rammed into a car that was making a u-turn at Fairhaven Street.
Three passengers -- Hanna Brotherton, 22, Claudia Gray, 27, and Benjamin Vasquez, 24, -- died.
CMPD said Wooten was wearing a helmet, but speeding is considered a factor.
Several people inside the sedan were not wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash, according to police.
No further information has been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Hurricane Dorian: Storm expected to become major hurricane by Friday afternoon
- 1-year-old boy found dead inside hot car at Pineville shopping center
- Xanax pills, LSD, guns found in Huntersville teen's home, police say
- FORECAST: Gorgeous Labor Day weekend ahead as Dorian strengthens
- Wild chase involving 18-wheeler out of Virginia ends in Iredell County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.