CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police are investigating after several people were hurt when a CATS bus collided with an SUV early Friday morning in northwest Charlotte.
The crash happened around 6:45 a.m. on Rozzelles Ferry Road at Hovis Road.
Medic told Channel 9 that six people were hurt in the crash, with four of them being taken to the hospital, including one with critical injuries and another with serious injuries.
The impact of the crash sent the Chevrolet Tahoe careening into a nearby building, punching a hole in the outside brick wall.
Nobody inside the building was hurt.
Investigators have not said what caused the two vehicles to collide.
Rozzelles Ferry Road remained open while authorities had to block Hovis Road before reopening it around 9 a.m.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Arrest made after man shot to death at popular Charlotte shopping center
- 2 dead after tractor-trailer, pickup truck collide in Iredell County
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- 6 injured when CATS bus, SUV collide in northwest Charlotte
- Second wave of the flu: What you need to know
© 2019 Cox Media Group.