CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Multiple fights broke out Saturday night at SCarowinds between what appeared to be groups of teens.
Tene Good brought a group of children to Carowinds to enjoy the Halloween-themed event. Her 8-year-old son was swept up in a crowd during the fight. He was gone for 1 ½ hours.
"It should have never happened," Good said. "This should have never happened. I should have never lost my child because of what's going on in your park."
Videos of the melee were posted on social media and Channel 9 received multiple Facebook messages from concerned viewers.
In the video at the top of this webpage, reporter Ken Lemon investigates what happened and spoke to Good about the frightening experience.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Rock Hill man betrayed after attorney pockets $166K mortgage payoff
- 'He was looking forward to heaven': Boy with rare form of dwarfism laid to rest
- Alleged Florida serial killer has ties to Charlotte area
- FORECAST: Final hot day before cold front, wet weather arrives
- Report: Cam Newton misses practice after aggravating foot injury
© 2019 Cox Media Group.