CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A federal judge ordered American Airlines mechanics to stop slowing down work on planes.
The permanent injunction is the latest twist in the tense contract talks between the unions and the airline.
Channel 9's Allison Latos has been closely following the discussions over the past year and learned the judge has outlined what the unions must do to make sure the planes take off on time.
Mechanics can no longer cause slowdowns by refusing overtime, failing to complete maintenance, causing an airline to be out of service at 7 a.m. or threatening an employee for accepting overtime.
Watch the video above to hear what this means for passengers at Charlotte Douglas Airport.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Amber Alert issued for 3-year-old abducted after woman shot to death
- Man, 2 women found dead following shooting at Hickory apartment
- Accused gang member escapes prison, takes Lyft to family’s Shelby home
- FORECAST: Heat index of at least 100 degrees; afternoon storms likely
- Dirt biker killed in crash, man charged after group of riders attack woman
© 2019 Cox Media Group.